Preschool Lessons for my toddlers

Ok so i am a stay at home mom and i need some suggestions on activities i can use to teach my toddlers. My daughter is almost and my son is 18 months. i dont have any money so they have to be cheap activities. any suggestions are welcome.

kpvamp06

Asked by kpvamp06 at 3:47 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can print out ABC or number coloring pages. My kids loved those when they were younger. We used everything around the house as lessons. We would use their legos to teach colors (have them sort them all by colors) size (have them sort them into groups of all the same size blocks) or I would just have them count them. I found objects around the house to help teach shapes. If you have a Ross Department store in your area they have great education puzzles $2/$3 a piece. Don't forget what a great lesson just reading to them is. Make flashcards out of construction paper. You can do colors, shapes, numbers, sight words... its limitless.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2010

• My daughter's kinder school divides up activities by smell, color, feel, seasons, etc. They smelled cotton balls with vanilla extract, vinegar and lemon juice. They identified foods, objects and things outside that are a certain color. They drew pictures of the different seasons and hung paper suns, clouds, raindrops and snowflakes from the ceiling. I would think you could cut lots of pictures out of old magazines to use for lessons. And use what you have around the house to teach shapes and colors and counting. If you're close to a library, you can probably check out books and videos about space, colors, seasons, shapes, etc. I think you can come up with a lot of activities that are free or super cheap.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:37 PM on May. 4, 2010