I know rear facing is safer but....................

When your child screams bloody murder the whole trip and is distracting the driver is it really safer? I am probably going to be forced to turn him around I just don't want to feel guilty about it. We don't have a car and no one want's to give us a ride anymore because of his behavior in his seat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Normally, I would ENCOURAGE you to leave him rear facing. I still do. But since he is close to the 2 year mark, you have done better than most mamas so kudos to you. Ofcourse, he is safer rear facing, he always will be. But being so close to 2, then I dont think its as bad as turning a 12mth old around. ya know? How much does he weigh???
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:13 PM on May. 4, 2010

• How old is he?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on May. 4, 2010

• He will be two next week.
    Anonymous

• forward face him if he is 20lbs he is already past the one year mark
    Anonymous

• I had to turn my son around at 10 months.. we bought 3 of the same car seats and none of them could rear face... he actually fell over while I was driving.
    Anonymous

• 2 months? If he is 2 months you will just have to deal with the crying.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:52 PM on May. 4, 2010

• If he's 2 years, I'd turn him. I had to turn my DD when she was 15 months since the crying was more distracting and was going to cause me to crash.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2010

• He is two YEARS not two months!
    Anonymous

• my son did the same thing. it was torture I hated taking him out. We barely used our infant car seat (it looked brand new when we pulled it out a year later for our daughter=)) I just stayed home and only went to places that were REALLY close or waited for my husband to get home to go get whatever we needed. The day he turned 1 year old I went with my mom and she bought him a forward facing car seat for his birthday. We opened it as soon as we got in the parking lot! He was immeadently adifferent boy and ever since has loved going places in the car!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Of course turn him! He is probably so uncomfortable with his legs having nowhere to go and staring at the seat!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:56 PM on May. 4, 2010