Why won't my daughter sleep flat???

my daughter is 6 months & every time I try and put her in the crib ..
she will wake up 5 min later..
if I put her in the pack n play, she wakes right up.. the only way I can get her to sleep is if I put the boppy pillow in the crib, or in the pack n play.
maybe because she thinks I'm still holding her? idk, but I don't want to keep using that pillow, but is it bad to let her sleep on her belly at this age?

xohcannizzo

Asked by xohcannizzo at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd always slept on her belly, she'd flip over and wouldn't stay swaddled so i had no choice and now my ds does the same thing GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:52 PM on May. 4, 2010

• You should start now trying to put her down awake and allow her to fall asleep on her own. Trust me... I would feed my DD to sleep, and all was good until she hit 11 months.. and then started waking up every single time I tried to lay her down! It was so frustrating. I then started laying her down awake and rubbing her tummy, and that worked for less than a month before she stared throwing fits and arching her back so I couldn't rub her.. Ended up doing the Ferber method and she goes to sleep really quick and it's been a week and a half of it.
    Take my advice... teach her to self sooth before she can pull up.. after that it's crazy!! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• my middle dd did that....I rolled her onto her tummy and she finally slept.

she had reflux and would wake up because of it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:55 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Babies are most comfortable sleeping on their tummies. All 4 of ours slept on theirs. At 6 months old, chances are she's rolling around anyway, so putting on her tummy is fine, much safer than having a pillow of any kind in her bed.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• This is one of those (many) things where you have to just use your best judgment. I personally think that for a 6-month old, sleeping in a different position is way better than having a boppy in the bed. Can she roll over yet? If she can, sleeping position really doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• thank you everyone! =)
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 3:58 PM on May. 4, 2010