I don't know what to say to him....maybe TMI

I went #2 earlier and when I wiped it was slimy (like a slug) and there was a long stringy thing on the toilet paper, it kinda looked like a worm. So I called the Drs office and they are prescribing medicine for me, my DH and our kids just in case. I'm very embarassed with the whole situation and I don't want to tell DH, but he'll have to take medicine too. I was thinking of telling him, it was one of our kids that had it, we'll all be taking medicine anyway. I wouldn't feel right just slipping it in his food at meal times, so that's out. I also can't figure out how I got it, if it is worms. When we first got our cats a little over a year ago our female had worms, so they were locked in the bathroom while being treated, I cleaned the box every day and washed my hands thoroughly afterward. I don't know what to say to DH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Health

• It is possible to pick up worms from anywhere. The man has seen you birth your children, I don't think that he's going to freak. But I know what you mean about the embarrasment factor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:03 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It's just a parasite. You didn't get it from your cats. You got it from contaminated food. Just google parasites, get some info , share it with hubby. You don't even have to give him the graphic details like you did us. Just say you found a parasite when you pottied and you spoke with the dr and he said the whole family needs this medicine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:10 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm suprised you would rather lie to your DH, I understand you are embarrased, but if it is such a big problem you're even considering hiding it in his food....that's just disturbing to me...

I think you are blowing it WAY out of proportion, and making yourself worried over nothing....I bet his reaction will be fine - try it ! :-)

Good Luck !
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2010

• OP here. I said I wouldn't hide it in his food. And I'm an extremely shy person most of the time. My DH is pretty easy going and would probably take it ok. But it would be impossible for me to even mention it to him....
    Anonymous

• Just tell him. He's your husband. If you can't be completely honest with him.. Then you can't be with anyone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:48 PM on May. 4, 2010

• try writing a note or something if your too shy to say it... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:33 PM on May. 4, 2010