How to cope with losing a spouse with young kids?

Im a 25 year old mother of two our son is 2 and our daughter is 1. We lost there daddy a week ago today to a car wreck. My daughter is young to understand but my son keeps asking for his daddy I dont know what to do. My husbands birthday was may 22 so im getting ready for one of the many mile stone already. Any suggestions or anyone gone through the same thing that wants to talk let me know

kermits_mom

Asked by kermits_mom at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry for your loss

I would suggest finding a support group and grief counseling
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:15 PM on May. 4, 2010

• oh my gosh i'm so so sorry. take care of yourself first hon. just be as honest as you can with your LOs. tell them daddy's in heaven, they won't see him for a very long time. i really am so very sorry. i can't say it enough. take care.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I agree with PP about joining a support group. There are many other families out there that have a similar situation to yours, and they could definitely offer some great advice. As far as cafemom goes, I hope someone who is able to provide some helping words replies to this.

Just wanted to give my sympathy to you and your family.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• My kids lost their daddy at a young age also. (they were 7, 5 and 1)
    It's a hard thing to go thru.. and my heart is with you as you struggle thru each day. Some days are harder than others.. some days just come and go. Be strong for your kids.. save your breakdowns for after bedtime.
    The best thing to tell the little one is that daddy has gone to stay with God and daddy can't come back. It's HARD.. I know.
    Reassure them that daddy loved them very much.. and that he will miss them too... Keep pictures around. Answer all questions as honestly as possible.
    And if it helps.. (mine were a little older).. I told them they could see daddy in their dreams. We "practiced".. we would close our eyes.. and remember daddy.. and talk about the things he used to do with them.. and they would remember all the times he took them to the park. .. or played in the yard with them.. or the games they played.
    Our prayers are with you.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:19 AM on May. 5, 2010

• If you need someone to chat with.. PM me..
    The emotions that you go thru with grief are hard .. and sometimes shocking. It's okay to cry.. it's okay to get upset.. but you have to be strong for the kids.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:22 AM on May. 5, 2010