oklahoma abortion law....

i think i am for it.....i live in oklahoma. and (i have not read it) but i was watching the news last night and it is on hold. to much of everyone's belief....this law says that all abortion doctors are now required to do and ultra sound before the procedure is carried out. and they much give in depth details about the fetus. This is to give the mothers who are thinking about abortion a truly informed decision. (i previously read here on cafe mom that the law was saying the drs didn't have to give the mothers details if there was something wrong with the baby) the law states quite the opposite actually...just wanted to clear it up and see what peoples thoughts were on the real term of the law....thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• if a woman is so stupid that she doesn't know what an abortion is, do you really want her to become a mother?
    Anonymous

• i agree that should be a law..... i was watching something on tv the other day about abortion. They took mothers about to do it onto a bus and talked to them about how wonderful a baby is and gave them an ultra sound.. MOST mothers changed their mind.. Some dont see the fetus as anything until they see it. until they are told it has nails and eyes etc.. its amazing that some mothers could still go through with it know the fetus is actually a human life
    Anonymous

• That should be a requirement in all states! I am for it... I despise abortion and I feel there would be a lower count if the mother sees the ultra sound and hears the heart beat.. granted there will be some moms that will be truly hard hearted about it but I still believe it will reduce these abortions!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Someone posted this link on facebook the other day. I love it!! I will love the day and fully support any father who tries to stop an abortion.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Ultrasound or not When a woman faces the fact that she will be unhappy if she continues with the pregnancy. there is nothing that an ultrasound can do.

Unfortunately women don't now that because of the hormonal thing thing they are supposed to feel confuse and sad when they are pregnant which is normal.
    Anonymous

• Oh...You didn't give all the details. Oops. I should have read your question before answering. The law also states that they will put the name and other information of a mother about to have an abortion online. Kinda like before they do an adoption the put an ad in the paper. That I am for.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Texas was trying to get that through the legislature last summer. Not sure if they did but I think so. I don't think it is a law everywhere though. There are many who have no idea what a fetus looks like or what is involved with killing an unborn baby, I think it's a good thing to give them all the facts.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2010

If you go to rural areas girls don't know what an abortion is. Abortion is well promoted in inner cities.
    Anonymous

• anon ur wrong.... an ultrasound does change some womens minds. seeing it changes a lot... i know I WAS PREGNANT..
    Anonymous

• the news said that most women that were required to do this left in tears WITHOUT going thru with the abortion....this may not prevent all...but it may in tell other options for many unborn children.
    Anonymous