Great Preschool, no playground

School has a great curriculum. They teach Spanish, art, diversity, field trips etc. But no outdoor area to play. It's in a city so I assume they just don't have the space or enough space for that matter. They take the kids to a public playground 3 blocks away. How would you feel about that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My children attended a preschool like that, but they had a full-sized gymnasium where they had "indoor recess" and would offer structured games and activities along with free play. I didn't see anything wrong with that. Besides, preschool is only 2-4 hours long, to fit in a solid curriculum, leaves little time for "free play," children can play outdoors when they get home.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:35 PM on May. 4, 2010