What is your healthiest dinner?

I'm wanting to make healthy but "normal" dinners if ya know what I mean. I have been mking whole wheat noodles in our spaghetti and adding carrots to the sauce. I have been making my normal dinners healthier. Looking for more ideas of helathy food. my dd is open to many common veggies like corn, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower..it is black beans and stuff that freaks her out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i like to bake chicken thighs, and buy either whole wheat speggati/linguine or vegtable speggati/linguine, and broccoli, and then a pasta sauce, cook the chicken thighs in the pasta sauce for 15 minutes, and mix it all together.
    i like to make grilled chicken sandwhiches on whole wheat buns.
    whole wheat wraps.
    brown rice, beef, and broccoli stir frys.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:50 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I am a big fan of adding veggies to the main dish. Hiding if you will more so to cut the meat and add an extra serving than to actually hide them. Like meat loaf for instance. I mash up a can of no salt added carrots and mix it into the meat instead of bread crumbs I use crushed fiber one cereal. Meatballs: I puree spinach and add it to the meat again with fiber one cereal and Italian seasonings. Mashed potatoes are half mashed cauliflower. Puree cauliflower works great in mac and cheese. Then with the main dish I add a lot of veggie sides.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:53 PM on May. 4, 2010

• We like chicken salad. Put in any kind of vegetables you like, lightly salt and pepper boneless skinless chicken and bake in oven. Cut in strips,throw on top of salad. I like it with sliced hard boiled eggs too.Lowfat dressings. (but I prefer Ranch..not the lowfat kind,lol)

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:00 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i make delicious vegan chili. and im not even vegan! anyways you just sautee some veggies in olive oil- i usually use a BUNCH of diced bell peppers and onions, add a can or 2 of kidney beans, chili seasoning, and plain garlic and olive oil pasta sauce (makes it richer than plain tomato sauce)and simmer. serve alone or over brown rice
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 5:16 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I have a ton of tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly recipes. Send me a message offlist if you would like some

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/

eggplant gratin, apple celery salad, vegetable pie, soups and stews, skillet lasagna, curry, crepes... plenty of things made from fresh food, not boxes and cans.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• 9 out of 10 of our dinners are very healthy....we do a lean grilled meat, pork tenderloin, chicken breast, once in a while beef cubes for kabobs....and tons of veggies, grilled in the summer and roasted in the winter. Big salad with mixed greens, tomato, feta....that's pretty standard for us. Fajitas with chicken breast and lots of veggies, no cheese. I make escarole and bean soup/stew, so healthy...veggie chili....stuffed peppers with boca crumbles instead of meat....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:48 PM on May. 5, 2010

• i have 2. im usually the only person eating it though, lol ;) i do cannellini beans cooked with onion and zuccini atop a bed of spinach, with hot sauce of course. and the other healthy meal i do is roasted sliced sweet potatoes with a side of steamed veggies. i dont use oil with anything, ever. i use pam.

pretty bland but i've learned to like it.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 6:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011