how many of you eat your three meals a day and do you snack in between. what do you snack on

i am trying to make a meal budget. we have a very strick budget we have to live by right now out and i was just wondering how many of families eat there 3 meals a day and do you snack between meals and if so what do you snack on. we have a family of 4 two adults and a 4 and 8 year old. any info you can tell me on this will help me out a lot. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we eat 6 meals..smaller meals. snacks are mainly fruit. We eat evry healthy on a budget. I am learning to eat clean and am actually spending less for a fam of 5!
    Anonymous

• We eat 3 meals. (lunch at school until summer) For snacks they eat. fruit smoothies, carrots (I buy the whole ones and peel and cut myself) peanut butter on a slice of bread, popcorn, fruit... I have to keep our budget tight. I found a website called plantoeat.com that allows you to meal plan and then makes your list for you. It is awesome. using the program has cut our spending by eliminating the purchases of things we 'might' use.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:13 PM on May. 4, 2010

• We eat 3 meals/day. I eat 3 snacks/day currently (per drs orders - I have gestational diabetes), my kids eat 2 snacks/day. We snack on peanut butter crackers, yogurt, lots of fresh fruit (my kids love grapes, watermelon, and berries), string cheese, juice popsicles (I make myself with plastic molds so I can control the sugar), "chex" mix (again, I make my own mix of whatever dry cereals/crackers we have in the house plus raisins), etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on May. 4, 2010

• We eat 3 meals plus a few snacks. Snacks are usually apples, bananas, whole grain crackers & string cheese, sometimes popcorn (not microwave) or a peanut butter sandwich, or muffins or cinnamon rolls (frozen dough I buy by the case) leftover from breakfast. I feed a family of 6 on as little as $200/month some months. We eat very well. (no foodstamps, no food pantry, just smart shopping without coupons).
    Anonymous