how do i get my 21 month old to drink milk out of a sippy cup

she has been off the bottle for about 7 months and she wont drink milk out of a sippy cup, she drinks juice and water out of it but not milk? any ideas?
help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't give it to her in anything else, eventually she will get thirsty and drink it. What does she drink milk out of now if she won't from a sippy cup?
    Anonymous

• I agree wtih anon, eventually they accept a sippy cup, esp. when you take away the other options.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:27 PM on May. 4, 2010

• she dosent really drink it.
    Anonymous

• Cow milk is unnecessary let her continue to drink juice and water.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:29 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Good question. I have been trying to get my 14 month old drink Milk out of a sippy cup for 2 months now. I've even tried putting a little strawberry powder or chocolate sauce in it,lol. She takes one sip and throws it at me,lol.
    Im not giving up though, I try her every day in hopes she will just drink it.
    I give her yogurt and a different kind of cheese every day though in its place, I guess,lol.
    You know, she won't even eat vanilla icecream or milkshakes..maybe mine just really doesnt like milk..but then again, shes never had a problem drinking it out of a bottle.weirdo baby,lol. (my baby is weird,not yours lol)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• no mine is too lol.
    she drank it out of the bottle when it was warn .
    i tried putting chocolate in it and she didnt want it lol
    she dont care for sweets. her 1st bday she didnt touch her cake.
    Anonymous

• Cow's milk isn't especially important unless your baby doesn't eat a lot of dairy products and then it's vital. For me... abrupt changes always did it. At my sons one year check-up I asked doc how to wean from bottles and he said throw all the bottles away and always have a sippy cup or regular cup handy. Once there are no other options your baby WILL NOT just do without. With mine it took all of one day. With yours it might take a couple or a few or a week. In the milk's place try as much dairy product as you can (well, not so much that your babe gets constipated, of course) to make up for the like of calcium/vit. D. Let her throw a fit, let her get mad. Don't worry about all that junk. She won't cry forever and if she really wants milk she'll drink it eventually from anything you give her. I mean... you ever see a teenager drinking from a bottle or an adult? That's just proof that this won't last forever ;)
    miller0809

Answer by miller0809 at 4:58 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Oops, should have read my answer before submitting it! lol I meant "lack of calcium/vit. D!"
    miller0809

Answer by miller0809 at 5:00 PM on May. 10, 2010

• When my kids wouldn't drink their milk I used a little flavored syrup. You can also use fresh berries and blend them into the milk, like a milk shake but sugar or ice cream.
    RSalvant

Answer by RSalvant at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It could just taste bad to her. What kind of milk are you offering? We only drink ultra-pasturized organic milk, and it really does taste cleaner. You can also try almond milk.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2010