Anyone quit smoking while pregnant? (no bashing or haters)

The day I got a positive pregnancy test I quit smoking, so I went from a pack a day to nothing. It has been 18 days since I quit smoking and I was just looking for any advice and tips that other people who have gone through this have. (No basher's or negative)

Lyssa1188

Asked by Lyssa1188 at 5:36 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh yea i did.. infact i quit almost 2 months before i conceived. meaning when we were trying to have the baby. before that i was regular smoker.. ok not a pack a day.. but atleast 2-3 cigarettes a day (more when with my friends).. now i havent smoked in a long time !! :)
    anything for my baby :D
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 5:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i know it sounds dumb, but it really worked for me. put a rubber band around your wrist. every time you get a craving, snap it. eventually, your brain will associate the craving with pain, and block the craving altogether. when you get a bad craving, try to remember that the chemical aspect of it will only last for 8 seconds. after that, it really is all in your head. get plenty of sleep, drink a ton of water, and keep your hands busy (i learned to crochet when i was pregnant, just to avoid smoking!) good luck!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Same here. Soon as I saw those 2 lines I was done w/ smokes... It wasn't always easy, I just learned to ignore it. I also began quilting, learned to crochet, and knit to keep me busy!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:08 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I was never a smoker but that is awesome that you quit cold turkey and have done it for 18 days! My sister always smoked and both times she got pregnant she quit right away and did not smoke for the whole pregnancy and stayed off cigs until baby was about a year old.
    Keep up the good work!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:57 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant with our son..and that was 6 years ago! There were some hard times, but all I had to do was remember the little life that was inside of me. I did dream about it though..that's how I got my 'fix'. :) I tried to smoke one time after I had our son, and I though 'what in the world am I doing?!?' and that was the end of it.

Stay strong!! You can do it!
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 8:18 PM on May. 4, 2010