If you and your SO have been living together for years and you have children together...

But are not legally married ...why not?

Weve been living together for 3 years. We have one child and another one on the way. We love eachother very much and plan on spending th erest of our lives together. But because weddings cost so much, we havent planned on getting married at this point. We just keep living our normal lives as if we were married. But I feel silly sometimes to refer to him as my "boyfriend" and when he introduces me as his "girlfriend". Were both in our 30's.
My first marriage was done at the justice center, so I want a nice wedding this time.
But it does seem to be the norm these days,to live together unmarried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• me and my SO are young but we have been living together for years and we have a son together. we also havent gotten married yet because its too expensive. i also want a nice wedding and refuse to settle for less. but i know what you mean about the boyfriend girlfriend thing ... thats why my SO did buy me a ring & propose so we introduce eachother as our fiance which isnt so silly sounding, lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:26 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i think getting married is the most wonderful thing !! ok ure calling ure selves girlfriend and boyfriend.. that may seem really cool to u.. but what will u call ure kids ?? sad .. no ?
    Anonymous

• Fiance IS silly sounding when you don't have a wedding date planned.

Getting married is great and I highly suggest it.

Anonymous

• Me and my SO have been together a little over 2 years, and living together a little over a year and a half. I had a 4 month old daughter when we met, and she now calls him daddy...and we have a 10 month old little boy together. We have plans to some day get married...but haven't for the same reason you haven't It's just pointless to spend so much money.
    Anonymous