Would you let your 10 year old son have a bb gun rifle?

His dad bought him one. I am NOT too thrilled about the idea at ALL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Depends on the 10 yr old. My red headed twin - No, but he's changed in the past 10 yrs and is now becoming a cop.
    His twin, sure. Their younger brother who is now 12...sure. Two of them - at 10 - would only use it only for target practice and not on anything else. The one that I said NO about - not sure what he would have shot at when he was 10.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:49 PM on May. 4, 2010

• NEVER !! if he were 20 i wouldnt let him have one then either !!!
    Anonymous

• I got my son one for Christmas when he was 9 or 10. He had rules and could only se it with supervision.

I was shooting .22's at 2, so, a BB gun at 10 is mild. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:47 PM on May. 4, 2010

• sure i would. but i wouldn't allow him access to it without my supervision. even if you don't like guns, you should know how to use one. it's an important survival skill for everyone. you never know what could happen. . .

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:49 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I was shooting @ that age, and much more deadly with a compound bow... which got my first for x-mas when I was 5... Yep, DD wants one for her b-day next year!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:53 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Yes.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 5:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No Way! "He'll shoot his eye out"!!
    Anonymous

• I think it all depends on the maturity of my son at the time, and it would be under my rule. I would keep the gun hidden somewhere, or locked away somewhere, and he could only use it when he asks, and under mine, or his father's supervision. It wouldn't be something he could just go out and use whenever he felt like it. That's a tough one. Me and my hubby have them...two rifles, and a pistol, of course they are BB guns. But they are quite fun lol
    Anonymous

• Kept locked up in the gun safe with all of his stepdad's guns, and used only under the supervision of stepdad, me, or grandparents, yes I would let him. Actually, my boys are 8 & 6, and I would let them now. However, between their stepdad and my dad (both major gun fans), gun safety has long been taught in my home, and they fully understand how a gun works, what it is capable of, and why they are not to touch one without proper permission or supervision. There are some kids that at 18, I would be terrified to see them with a gun.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:18 PM on May. 4, 2010

• only if i was stupid
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:37 PM on May. 4, 2010