If your hubby was running late for dinner..

because he was mowing the elderly neighbors lawn for them would you just go ahead and feed the kids and just wait to eat until he got back so you could eat with him?
Thats what I'm doing. My son was a like, why arent you eating? He seemed irritated about it like I shouldnt wait for him.But really, I'm not that hungry right now anyway.But the kids were so I didn't see why I should make them wait.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, I'd do exactly what you did. Your hubby is doing a good deed and it should be appreciated. Children should not question the actions of their parent (at least not in a situation like this).
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:31 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Sure I would. I have done that a few times and it was wonderful having a nice meal with my husband after the kids were done eating. Not everyday, because I think eating as a family is important, but occasionally, sure!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Yeah I would do that.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• What a nice thing for him to do!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:23 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I would at least feed the kids. They should be allowed to eat their dinner when they're hungry.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:24 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Thanks CaGirl. Yes it is a nice thing for him to do. I'm glad that he does. It takes a lot work to mow thier lawn.Its about big as ours and we have 4 acres to mow! But theres no way we could watch that old man out there mowing his lawn with a push mower when we can zip around on our riding lawn mower.Besides, they are really nice people. Can you belive the husband is 94 and the wife is 92 and they look in thier 70's! I don' tthink they even have any family, no one ever comes to visit, so sad.
    Anonymous

• When my husband is late I eat with the kids. I think my DH would rather eat by himself anyway. lol
    Anonymous

• you made a good choice........ good for you!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I always wait to eat with my DH. I feed the kids if he's running really late, but I firmly believe in eating as a family. My mother always waited for my father too. But with my friends I seem to be in the minority.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:01 PM on May. 6, 2010