How can I get my daughter a sippy cup?

My daughter is 8 months old and I have been trying to drink out of a sippy cup. She watches me when I drink out of a cup and trying to take mine from me. She open her mouth when I bring a cup to hers to take a drink but if I try to do the same with a sippy..she tries to play with it. So my question to you is A) Is there any hints you can give me? or B) Did your child even take to a sippy?

mommynew

Asked by mommynew at 6:34 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2nd daughter wouldn't take one and just drank from a regular cup. Just put a little at a time in the cup to avoid big spills. By one year she could handle a regular cup without spilling better than her 5 yr old sister could.
    Anonymous

• when my kids begin walking... which was 9 months for my oldest, I quit offering the bottle and only gave her a sippy cup. If you only offer a sippy cup they will drink out of it.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:48 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I have my 8month old on only sippy cups in the day and bottle at night. I started with a bottle that has handles like a sippy cup, the moved to a sippy cup with a bottle nipple, now 2 months later she's only sippy cup...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:57 PM on May. 4, 2010

• oh and I started at 6 months
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:58 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Just keep it available during the day with a bit of water, and offer it at mealtimes. She'll pick it up eventually. That's what I did with my kids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:15 PM on May. 4, 2010

• sorry im not much help with this my son turned 6 months on sunday and on monday i gave him a sippy cup for the first time and without any problems he drank from him but here's a bump
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2010