Do you have a sandbox for the kids?

I want to get one but the SO over here disagrees. He says that sandboxes are nasty. I think that kids really like it. I would get one with a lid.Its not like its sand from the beach or somewhere..it will be brandnew fresh sand from the store,lol.
What are your thoughts on sandboxes?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:09 PM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is our 2nd summer having one.. DD loves it! We love it... We just keep it covered & have never had any kitty problems or anything.. I was really suprised last summer her sand stayed so clean, i figured by the end it would have been nasty or something.. We gave her fresh at the beginning of spring this year mainly because we needed to move the sandbox & ants had made a home UNDER the sandbox...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:02 PM on May. 4, 2010

• we used to in our old house.

its too much of a mess for me - no matter what they always end up bringing it in in the pockets, shoes, hair, undies. and getting it all over the grass.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:10 PM on May. 4, 2010

• They love it from the 18 month old i babysit to my 4 year old.....we had purple sand it was sooo cool i couldn't help but put my hands in everytime they play in it LOL the colored sand it alot of money but sooo much fun
    Anonymous

• I just posted above i do agree ALOT of it ends up in the house we have hard wood floors and they always have purple sand on them
    Anonymous

• LOVE them! Never really had a problem with sand in the house - it's not like I don't end up sweeping the kitchen where they come in everyday anyway.

Answer by missanc at 8:18 PM on May. 4, 2010

• we just got one. we havent got the sand for it yet. my DD likes to play in the grass, dirt, and rocks....so I figure she will love it. also, all the kids bring in dirt and rocks and all that when they come in, sand isn't going to add too much mess that I dont already have. so i am not too worried.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:19 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Ugh no! Even the ones with lids end up big cat litter boxes in our area.....no leash law and lots of cats with licenses but not strictly indoors.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:59 PM on May. 4, 2010

• As long as it has a snap on lid that can't be bumped or blown off so cats can crap in it, I think they are fun. It does kill the grass thoug...and they WILL throw sand no matter how many times you tell them not too
    Anonymous