arggghh what do you do?

my daughter elbowed a girl in the chest at school last friday because the girl cut her in line.....they are in the second grade. this is the second incident llike this. i am beginning to worry. i grounded her both times which is the worst possible punishment for her. and this time she has to do community service in the cafeteria at school. is the punishment just for violence? i dont know if it sunk in or not but if it happens again i need a good punishment ready.....ideas anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on May. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have her write an apology letter to the girl..in her OWN words. Also, have her write one to the lunch staff for interrupted the lunch line.
    I have my son do that when his behavior gets out of control at school. I think it makes him think more about what he has done. If he brings me a one line sentence letter..he has to take it back and redo it. I ask him how HE would feel if that action was done against him and now go apologize for THAT. It seems to sink in a little better.
    He still gets some privledges revoked as well(tv,video games) depending on what he's done "this time" lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:15 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I know they have trouble sometimes, I have a second grader as well. Its good you punished her. You can email her teacher and get some unity and let your daughter know that yall are on the same page. I think the embarrassment of cafeteria may do it. Point it out to her that its embarrassing.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:20 PM on May. 4, 2010