Have you been able to get birth control pills without an exam?

I have issues with people touching me in any way when I don't trust them and this keeps me from going to the doctor like I should. I do see a therapist and I've gotten a lot better about the touching but I just thinking about making a doctors appointment makes me sick to my stomach.
I have very irregular periods and before I had my son I took birth control pills to help. I would like to take them again for the same reason. The doctor that prescribed them no longer lives in this part of the country so seeing him again isn't an option. I have no other option than to get a new doctor which freaks me out and it's going to take a while to work up the nerve to see one.

I know I have issues so if have something hateful to say about it, please take it elsewhere.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Health

• yes you have to have an exam..yearly. and you should want to have one yearly. Maybe you can just go and visit the doctor get to know them and talk before you have an actual exam..just so you can get comfortable.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:42 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Depends on the doctor honestly. I was prescribed pills without an exam when I was a teen.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:56 AM on May. 5, 2010