What does CPS ask when you call? Can you stay anonymous?

Please no bashing. I have thought this through and the kid needs serious help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on May. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, you can stay annonymous. They typically will ask exactly what you SAW or HEARD (first hand, not what you heard someone else say they saw/heard) that caused you to call them. Depending on what you say, they may ask about if their have been previous incidents similiar and when, what, how, etc.
    Anonymous

• In my city you have to state your name. They won't take any info from an anonymous person because we are already too overburdened and there are too many people out there that call in just to be vindictive. So here they start the phone call with your person info, and if you won't give it then they will not take any statement from you.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:19 PM on May. 4, 2010

• you can stay anon if you choose to be....I called my ex into cps and they asked me if I wanted to be anon and told them that I didn't care so they went ahead and told my ex it was me who called...I didn't care he was putting my kids in danger during court ordered visits and he needed to be called on...if I failed to protect them I could loose them.
    I have also called on a friend and she found out it was me after I stated I wanted to remain aNON...the CPS did keep me ANON it is just my friend realized that I was the one because I was the one who was around the most and she put 2 and 2 together.
    Not trying to scare into NOT calling but you just need to cover your tracks so the parents don't realize it was you who called
    Anonymous