does your dh/so ask you to do chores that you really dont want to do? do you feel guilty and do them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• no, i usually do all the chores. dh doesnt ask me to do anything bc i do it already. occasionally i ask him to do dishes at night, and i feel like im asking a lot, even though it really isnt.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:39 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm like erika...I do everything around my home...inside and out

Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 7:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• This drives me crazy! He is always reminding me to do laundry. I don't like to do laundry, but I do it every day and yet he will call me from work to tell me to be sure and put a load of towels in or whatever. I don't know why he even cares. It's not like he ever does laundry or anything else. Most of the time I have already don the laundry and it is folded and put away by the time he calls and it's always done before he gets home. I don't ever feel guilty about it, just irritated that he nags me about it. I am not a 5 year old, I am his wife.
    Anonymous

• My So really just cleans the toilet and takes out the trash
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• YA my SO will do that too... I just tell him if he wants it done then do it himself... He is the messy one just throwing clothes everywhere, not washing his dishes, and YES peeing on the toilet seat! I'm not ur mom, I'm not going to clean up after you buddy lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:46 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Of course he doesn't. Why on earth would my husband have to ask me to do chores? I know what has to be done and I do it. He's not my parent and he doesn't treat me like a child.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:36 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I ditto Rhonda.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:45 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I do all the chore around the house as it is...my DH would never ask me to do something. I occasionally ask him for help and he's more than willing.
    Anonymous

• I work two jobs that add up to over 60 hours a week. My husband is a SAHD. Does he ask me to do chores? Oh you betcha he does, and I do them even when I'm too tired to think because we are a team. There's no guilt, it's all about being functionally useful and living up to potential.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2010

• lol when mine does that i tell him he is not my dad and i am an adult if it bugs him that much then he can do it
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:16 PM on May. 5, 2010