What are your thoughts on step moms? are you one, is your ex re-married and your kids have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Being a stepmom sucks. I hate it. I would advise others never to enter into a marriage where you will have to deal with someone else's kids. It is pure torture. I know there are exceptions to this but most people I know have a very difficult time. Plus there are several groups on here for stepmoms and the stories are horrible. You really get mistreated or the stepmom mistreats her stepkids. Not good. Just my opinion. I have tried therapy, I have tried loving them to the fullest. There is nothing I can do to make them accept me. I just keep being kind and hope for the best.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 8:16 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I am a stepmom and love it. I met my husband when my stepson was just born so I have been here for all 18 years. He is just like my own. It definitely is hard when we don't like some of the things he is allowed to do at his mom's but I couldn't imagine not having him around.
    Anonymous

• i would agree it is very hard..not the worst thing on earth but it is very hard. i came into this relationship opened minded and ready to love the kids....the daughter is so Fn disrespectful its ridiculous and the son isnt that bad...i enjoy being with him and spending time with him and i hope our relationship can get alot better and stronger...cant stand the Fn ex and wish the B would get a Fn life and get over it already! and i swear to god if i hear one more "remember when...." family memory...im gonna scrape my ears off my body with a pin needle.....but other than that its not too bad.......i guess
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 8:33 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm a stepmom, the kids are cool. They are only here every other weekend, it's the mom who we all have a hard time dealing with.
    Anonymous

• I am a step mom and I wouldn't change a thing for the world. I have been part of my stepson's life since he was 4. I think my situation is a little different though because his bio mom is not in the picture at all. My hubby had her rights terminated when he was just a little over one year old because she tried to kill him. She is in prison right now for armed robbery and meth charges. He calls me Mom by his own choice. There are tough times when he does pop up with you can't tell me what to do because you're not my real mom. We deal with things as they approach us. It's not an easy road but it is a loving one.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:04 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I forgot to put in that he is now 11 yrs old.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:05 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I personally would never enter into a relationship with a man who already had kids (even though if I ever found myself single again it would be a little hypocritical of me) it just seems like too much drama. Though I'm sure that's not the case for everyone.
    Anonymous

• I love my stepkids. Their mom and her need to create constant drama, not so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I have six stepkids, and none of them feel I am their stepmom, mainly because of my age. They are between 15 and 21 years old, while I'm only 22. I'm fine with that, because I don't want to be their moms. They already have moms. But it is kind of cool being able to say I'm 22 and I have three (step) grandkids!
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 12:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I would never be one. My kids have one and I don't care for her much.
    Anonymous