Could this pain really be from the baby's weight?

I've been experiencing pain on my pelvis for a few months already. My dr said it was the baby's weight causing it because he's been really low for a while now and she suggested I wear a support belt which I did and it didnt work one bit. The pain is horrible!!! But its understandable so I try not to walk much because its when it usually happens. But what I cant understand is why I have terrible pain in my vagina (sorry TMI) when I'm laying down. Is it caused by the weight? I feel like Im being stabbed with a knife down there. Its so bad I cant move sometimes. If it was caused by the weight why dont I feel this pain when Im walking?

AlessasMommy1

Asked by AlessasMommy1 at 9:01 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have the same problem. My baby girl is insainly low the whole pregnancy. (Disproves the theory of what your having by how your carrying) anyways, my dr says its from the weight of the baby thats making your hips and pelvic bones soften to get ready for birth. This doesnt stop when you lay down either. I get such sharp pains in my vagina from it that i feel light headed cause its so shocking! Not a whole lot you can do about it either... :(
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:14 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm carrying really high with a girl and it's happening to me too. Some women just get stabbing shooting pain. I've been trying to get plenty of calcium, potassium, and magnesium.

I did try a chiropractor but that failed miserably. He tore the cartilage in my pubis and made things much worse.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:26 PM on May. 4, 2010

• your pubic bone is supposed to separate, maybe this is what you are feeling. i didn't experience that feeling until after i had my twins, and i get it now with this pregnancy. i am guessing my ligaments are not as strong as they used to be. i do get adjusted weekly and i have been for years. you are laying down on your side right?
    i am sorry eco, you had a bad experience with your chiro :(
    but, op i do still recommend one.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:31 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i have had similar problems. i don't really think it's teh baby's weight but the pelvis separating. the hormones in our bodies during pregnancy are supposed to loosen things up and it can cause a lot of discomfort. BUT sometimes it goes a little too far. i think that's what has happened to me. i posted in a group and someone said i should look up symphisis pubis dysfunction and i found this link
    http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

i have symptoms like you describe. horrible pain in my crotch when sleeping, made even worse by hip cramps. also it's excruciating to lift my lefts onto the sofa, and to put my pants on. i think i'm going to try a chiropractor. gl!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:56 AM on May. 5, 2010