sex while a baby/toddler is around. NO BASHING PLEASE

Do you have sex infront of your baby or toddler? If so, what age do you feel it is necessary to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The last time we did in front of DS, he was about 15m/o, asleep in a crib on the other side of the hotel room. DH was training across the country so DS and I went to visit him on a long weekend (May 2008). DD (11m/o) co-slept for the first 8 months, so we had sex a few times while she was asleep in the pack 'n play (but mostly we got creative and took nookie out of the bedroom :)). We have never done it while either one was awake, though.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No. His crib is in our room so sometimes we will if he's asleep but if he ever wakes up we stop. Even when he was a newborn I wouldn't do it around him if he were awake. It feels very awkward for me.
    Anonymous

• when the baby is old enough to actually look at you, i think it's time to stop. who really knows the limits of their understanding?

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:27 PM on May. 4, 2010

• honestly, yes we do. we try not too if we can. but sometimes we do. usually hes not paying attention though anyway if we do, hes in his jumper watching nick jr but he'll look over occasionally. ill probably stop a little before or when he starts walking. idk, he definatly has no idea what the hell were doing right now so i dont think its a big deal.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• BTW he will be a yr on the 22nd
    PURPULbutterfly

• our baby is 17 months and we do. we have complete opposite schedules so we do it when we can. Once she is old enough to say what she sees we will stop.
    Anonymous

• I always felt icky so we didn't do it often.
    Anonymous

• No. When he was a newborn, sometimes we would do it when he was asleep, but never in front of him when he's been awake. He's 9 months old now. I don't know how anyone could do that right in front of their awake child. I could never enjoy myself.
    Anonymous

• if a child is sleeping then dont worry about it.. do you remember how great you slept before having a kid "like a baby" right..... Just keep in on the DL & it should be fine. If the kid wakes up easily cover up or whatever..
    Anonymous