Why is my 71/2 month old not sleeping???

My DD was sleeping through the night at two months. For the past couple weeks this is not the case at all!!! She has been waking up at random times tossing and turning while she increasingly becomes fussy. I rock her, pat her, shush her, even try a pacifier, and nothing seems to work. I even took her to the doctor and she is perfectly healthy!! I am so exhausted and cannot figure out what is going on. Is this an normal stage and does anyone have any suggestions???

Mameech1

Asked by Mameech1 at 9:44 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say teething....my kids always woke up from 6-12 months. It would be on and off that whole time. Sleeping through the night is a lie...and it doesn't ever stop! lol ( 3 year old still wakes up...ugh!)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:48 PM on May. 4, 2010

• aaahhhhhh! it's the teeth! hope it goes quick for you! GL!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:59 PM on May. 4, 2010

• teething. i would say try tylenol but they have this whole recall thing going on. but when that all get figured out, definatly tylenol. it works great.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:21 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It's normal for babies to wake at night until they are 3 years or older. There is a mom on cm whose child was over 4. It's hardwired in the human brain for survival. I always breastfed so it was no big deal. By the time my last child started sleeping through the night I couldn't sleep through. I was old enough I had to get up at night to pee. I haven't slept through the night in over 22 years!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:19 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Change is the only constant, you know. It's normal for them to change patterns in year one. It's actually pretty amazing you've gone this long without a change. Hang in there.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:29 AM on May. 5, 2010

• i also think it might be teething. do you try nursing her? my son nursed frequently through the night until he was one and a half. gl!
    Anonymous