I cant get my 19mo. old daughter to eat anything other than broccli, corn, french fries, chicken nuggets(sometimes), and goldfish crackers. Any tricks to make sure she is getting enough nutrition in her diet?

Shauna143

Asked by Shauna143 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is eating all food group. Why do you worry about it? If you wants to introduce her new food, then leave it on her place and eat it in front of her. Dont' give up for just few tries, those little people can be very stubborn, like my 2 kids.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You just have to keep trying.
    I gave my DD (23 months) peas at dinner at least 25 times before she ate any. I just about gave up! Now she will happily snack on peas during the day.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Offer her a range of things at every meal, if she will only eat frenchfries, don't offer her french fries. Give her a daily multivitamin or pediasure to make sure she is getting adequate nutrition. Try to change things up, try new fruits and veggies like avacados or whole grain crackers. She WILL eat healthy food if that is all you offer her.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 12:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would get her on a whole food nutraceutical like Juice Plus. It helps open up your childs palate to new foods. I'm a distributor and my website is www.Eileen4jp.com and my email is eileen4jp@prodigy.net. Juice Plus comes in a chewable and gummie which you could cut up smaller. They have done a 1yr study so far and found the children drink more water, eat less junk food, and eat more fruits and vegetables since taking Juice Plus. Juice Plus is a variety of 15 fruits and vegetables and two grains Oat and rice is GFCF free. It's basically fruits and vegetables juiced and dehydrated and put in a chewable, gummie and capsule. My children do the chewables and love them, many kids love the gummies. What an easy way to get a variety of fruits and vegetables in your children. Eileen
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 12:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You can try giving her poly-vi-sol. It's by the vitamins at the grocery store. I know it's frustrating. My son just went through a stage like this, but lately he's starting eating some new things (veggies too!). I think it's just a little phase they go through.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My daughter isn't really that picky, only on some days. Tonight, for dinner, We had Hamburger Helper with a side of Broccoli and Red Peppers. I noticed she didn't like the broccoli, so I cut it down to smaller peices and mixed it into her hamburger helper.

She didn't even notice :)
    cleverusername

Answer by cleverusername at 11:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008