what about 2nd 3rd or 4th time

if u have strtch marks from ur pregnancy where u gained heaaaaps of weight.....is it still possible to get more strech mark marks in ur 2nd and 3rd etc pregnancies if u don't gain as much weight in these subsequent pregnancies?

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is if the skin stretches more. Stretch marks are from the skin stretching faster then it can grow. Which is generally what happens when you get pregnant. So if your body goes back to any sort of prepregnancy shape even with the extra lbs. Then you will gain more stretch marks as the body stretches back out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I did. i was small before #1 and got a bunch of stretch marks, with #2 i gained same amount5 as # 1 and got more stretch marks, now with #3 I'm sure i will get more!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:58 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It all comes down to genetics. if you got them with the first but with the second you don't gain as much weight, it all comes down to how much elasticity your skin has.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i gained the same second I got a few more than the first, this time I haven't goit anymore so far (fingers crossed)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:01 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I gained new stretch marks with each pregnancy even though I didn't gain nearly as much weight during my 2nd or 3rd.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2010

• the typical american diet is very low in good fats. if you eat your fish, avocados, nuts and seeds, you are giving your skin what it needs to be flexible. if you are pregnant now, it is most likely to late to prevent stretch marks now, but it is never too late to eat better!load up on the good fat! it is good for your skin, hair, brain, and more!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:37 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I guess either is possible. I got loads of stretch marks with my first pregnancy, and while I still have those scars, I haven't seen any new ones pop up with this pregnancy (and I'm my 3rd trimester).
    Anonymous