What is the strangest place you felt the need to call out for Jesus to help you?

My dog went ballistic at 2am. My husband checked outside but didn't see anyone. Of course we weren't stupid enough to go outside, but everything seemed ok from the windows.

The next few hours were fitful catnaps with me waking up calling for Jesus. I started thinking I have felt the need to pray in some very shaky moments. During a competion or even when I am cooking.

Do you have a good story when you felt the need to pray?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• when I fly.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:13 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm sure you're a very sweet person and I know everybody will have an opinion about this one so I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings when I tell you that if you think Jesus is going to keep bad things from happening to you - you'd better take a look around. The world is filled with loving religious people who have all manner of tribulations and every one of them is praying their backside off. I know I'll get hated on for saying this but how long are we as a species going to keep pretending that prayer works. We all agree that it should work, we all want desperately for it to work but that just doesn't seem to mess with reality.
    My parents are the sweetest, most loving christians you ever met. One day we talked about prayer and faith and I asked them to give me some examples of prayers they've had answered. They sadly had to admit that none of their prayers had ever been answered, even tho they have great faith. Jus sayin'
    Anonymous

• To anon 10;20 I have had many prayers that have been answered, but sometimes God does say no to these prayers. That is when I pray for his help to keep me strong.
    Anonymous

• yes i have..and i used ot have very vivid dreams where i would litteraly wake up crying out for jesus to help me...and anon...20 i have had sooo many prayer answered and hav ehad the LORD intervine for me sooo many itmes it is not even funny...from big prayers being andwered to little things like getting lost in a new town while driving saying a quick prayer and next thing i know i was home...ho ig ot there i duno because i had no idea where i was but i got the urge to turn left or right and i did it and i got home. this being after i asked the Lord to help me find my way home. and one time at church we gave a tithe. we had 4 dollars over drawn in our bank and needed to buy diapers and had no idea what we were going to do...we gave half of what we had....on our way out after the services a lady whom we have never spoken to before aproached us and said "i duno why but i need to give you this" and as she shook my husbands cont..
    Anonymous

• ..cont...hand she slipped a 20 into his hand. we wnet home and before we could even get in to our home we sat on the steps and cried. because we now had money to buy diapers and formula for our little baby girl. and that is only a few times...i could go on and on and on...i am sure your parents prayer were answered but you see sometimes his will for someones life is different than what they want. they may have had prayers answered but not like the answer that they received. Sometimes the Lord like a good parent has to say no.
    Anonymous

• I have to start out by saying that I'm being totally serious here, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but the strangest place was the toilet. Honestly, I was violently ill for a week with a virus that not only left me with a fever, aches, etc, but also terrible vomiting and diarrhea where I was literally sleeping in the bathroom because I couldn't move. Honestly, I prayed more that week than I ever have... asking that I could finally leave the toilet and have my life back to normal. I felt a little weird praying while hunched over the toilet though...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2010

• anime.....you were already on your knees you were in the perfect position to pray....:)
    Anonymous

• 10:20 you response is not needed here

omg annime I have had that as well. There isn't much else to do ;) and like you said I have been sicker than sick on the toilet.
    Anonymous

• I have prayed on the porcelain throne too anime mom.

Anonymous

• the lord has answered many of my prayers. There has been time when i have had no money only to find a some on the ground or have a stranger give it to me. There has been times when I needed a job quick and the Lord has blessed me with one in less then a week of searching. I can't even tell how much He has done for me. He may not have answered all of my prayers but everyday i come home to a house full of a loving famly with food on my table, that itself is a blessing. He doesn't do everything for you He is not there for that. You have to work hard in this life but its a lot easier on you when you know that the Lord is there for you
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:08 PM on May. 4, 2010