Pink eye or eye infection or possibly allergies?

My 10 month old started to have florescent green like discharge from his right eye on Sunday, his eye was a little red. Today it moved over to the left side and the discharge is gone from the right side. Any idea on what this could be and maybe some home remedies to help treat it? Any suggestions appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like an infection. my doctor gave my DD an antibiotic drop/cream type thing. she was so little and i didnt know how to put it on, so i actually went back to the doctor to have a nurse show me how to do it. ha ha. luckily we haven't had anymore eye infections. it was not easy.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:00 PM on May. 4, 2010

• if u r breastfeeding a squirt of breastmilk in the eye will clear things up if it is pink eye
    Anonymous

• It sounds like an infection. Get some Gentamacin(sp) drops from the doctor and it'll be gone in 24 hours!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2010

• green eye goo = pink eye not allergies! get him some antibiotic drops... i have had both! allergy eyes dont ever get green discharge. it is white/cream... and the fact that it spread is another indication of pink eye... if he had allergies it would have happened in both eyes at the same time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:49 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Home remedies is to use warm milk on a cotton ball and wash the eye good. If it continues see a doc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I put breastmilk and collidial silver (per dr orders) in my kids and DH eyes when they got pink eye. It was gone in 48 hours.
    Anonymous