should i tell him

so i found out i am pregnant with my third kid. It a surprise because me and DH always use protection. i am so depressed i didn't want another baby and my DH doesn't want one either. He has been so stressed about founding a job and bills so I don't burden him more about this. do you think its ok to keepi t from him until things get a little better? i planned on keeping to myself but my friends say thats the wrong thing to do. what do ya'll think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you should tell him. There is no reason why you need to sit there quietly stressing out all by yourself. I truly believe all babies are blessings and those concieved even when all the proper protection is used, are REALLY meant to be to have been made in that small percentage.
    Anonymous

• if you have to sooner or later. You're not going to stay small for long. You cant pretend its fat either. Pregnant women dont look fat. What are you going to do? Bring home a baby one day and say you found him/her on the side of the road?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2010

• You need to tell him. So you both can start preparing together. You don't need to added stress on you or the baby. Yes it will add stress to him, but there is a reason that baby is growing in your belly....he deserves to know.

Anonymous

• i think you should tell him now, waiting till later can cause more problems
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:42 PM on May. 4, 2010

• That's wrong to keep it from him. You two need to work together to figure something out.
    Telling him now will ease that stress a little. If he were to find out later I think the situation would be worse then what it would be now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:51 PM on May. 4, 2010

• You should tell him. Get your due date and make it what it is, a great surprise. Maybe this will give him something to look forward to even though things are a rough now. I know you didnt want another now but congratulations. Best of luck to you all and I hope everything goes well.
    Anonymous

• What's done is done you can't change it. Not telling your husband is a bad idea because unless he is blind deaf and dumb he will figure it out eventually and it would be better he find out from you. I don't think he'd appreciate the fact that you've told your friends and not him. I would be pissed about that if I was him.
    Take responsibility, act like an adult and just deal with it. He may freak out but shit happens and we have to adapt to the consequences of it.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 1:25 AM on May. 5, 2010

• You should tell him reguardless, it is not fair to him to not to know you are pregnant, my hubby would be pissed if I kept something like from him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Unless you're getting an abortion you need to tell him so you can start planning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 5, 2010

• UHHH are you serious, PP? "Unless you're getting an abortion you need to tell him?" If you decide on an abortion (which I hope not) you would need to tell him. Having secrets like that in a marriage, will rip it to shreads.

And to the OP, probably a good idea to tell him sooner rather than later. You wouldn't want keeping it from him to lead to extra resentment on top of the fact that he might be unhappy about the news. The longer he has to get used to it, the better off you'll both be.

Good luck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2010