Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support question........

okay i stay in the state of georgia and i filed for abandonment before, they set up a child support order for him to pay, he has failed to do so. So i'm waiting on slow *** dekalb county to set up a no payment court court day but i dnt have time to wait so should i go file abandonment again, what will happen to him? and also i stay in rockdale and he stays in dekalb should i go to dekalb courts or rockdale courts and file for it?

Answer Question

Asked by angelsmommy0721 at 10:48 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Relationships

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • file it where ever you live.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • File where you live. And you will prolly just be wasting money if you file abandonment again. You need to send Child Support enforcement after him.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:52 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • nothing can really happen to him when you file for abandoment, he just has ro pay for child support. Well it will be harder for him to get visitation and part custody. My SS BM did that to my SO. We didnt even know about SS till she filed the abandment papers. She never told my SO she was pregnant when they parted ways and they parted on good terms.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:53 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • i have it said just for a court date it will take up to 6 months...... he already owes 3 thousand. and it's only been since nov that we set up a child support amount.

    Answer by angelsmommy0721 at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2010

  • once it goes through they will take the back pay from his pay checks and his taxa when he files them till he catches up. But dont file it again it will just be a waste of money. Filing more wont make it go faster

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:06 PM on May. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.