do you dress your little girls up for school?

Like do you make sure their hair is styled cute and they have a matching outfit ... do you rush around and get them ready quick....do you let them get ready themselves...

My daughter starts Kindergarten next year and I am already picking out her clothes lol... I am the type that she will go everyday in a cute outfit with a matching hairbow and shoes lol

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, that was one of the battles I chose not to fight. As long as what my daughter picked out to wear was up to school dress code.....I just didn't care what she wore. And hair....for get it. It wasn't going up in any bows. She hated them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2010

• lol that is how I was when i was little...my mom had to braid my hair the ngith before and just sent me to school that way lol...

my daughter is in a girly girl stage and likes me doing her hair and dressing her up so hopefully that lasts for awhile lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i make sure my daughter always mathches!! shes in kindergarten and just turned 6 a couple days ago..she does pick her own clothes....but i give her options first..lol..so like i will ask her what shirt she wants..or what pants or skirt...and then i will choose the other...like tonight we got her clothes ready for the morning, she picked out a purple skirt to wear..so then i got out the shirts that will match, and she chose from them...as for shoes, it doesdnt really atter for her, because they have indoor shoes that are kept at school..so as soon as she gets to school, they have to take their outside shoes off, and put on their indoor ones...and yes i also do her hair everyday as well..usually its just ya ponytail or pigtails, but, i still make sure she looks presentable..lol :) love having a lil girl!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:56 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i pick out my daughters matching outfit the night before,, then in the morning i run around helping her and my son getting ready, finding matching hair bows for her outfit doing her hair ..its usually just up in a pony tail or pigtails sometimes with braids
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 11:07 PM on May. 4, 2010

• my girls dress themselves.

I help with my middle dd's hair as its terrible to tame
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:12 PM on May. 4, 2010

• they're in grade 3, 1 and preschool - beyond the cute outfits.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:13 PM on May. 4, 2010

• Yes. Yes I do, LOL. Cause that is how I roll. :o)
    Anonymous

• my daughter is in k.....and i love dressig her in cute outfits w matching bows...and shoes..o and belts...my girl has almost 20 belts..lol....i know...i know ..but it is fun and she likes it too. but she doesnt like her hair being curled or straightened anymore she was wiggling and bumped the iron and got burned :( not bad but enough for her to not like it anymore so i dont try to use anyhting like that anymore....i jsut style it ....she likes it in piggy tail with bows..or braided with ribbon....she loooves the clippies..i could go on and on.....i am not with my ex husband her father and he pays child support. and it is her money to spend when it is not needed to help with bills and such...so we frequent shopping trips just for her to the mall or where ever.....but i try to get things she needs like clothes and such..usually not toys...she has enough of those....
    Anonymous

• always matching outfit i make a big deal about school shoping. my kids always look good for school. I think it increases their confidence plus makes the chance of the being picked on lower
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:32 PM on May. 4, 2010

• symle - I also have to agree with it making the chances of them getting picked on lower ( that is how it was when i was in school too) ....I think it also makes it easier for them to make more "nicer" friends...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:38 PM on May. 4, 2010