icky question...but who here has ever taken a suppository for anal fissures?

I ended up with anal fissures after the birth of my daughter...just another one of the beautiful gifts that comes along with child bearing and birth ;)

Anyway...I was in terrible pain and bleeding so my doc gave me a cream and a suppository called "Anucort"

Well...It said insert rectally and this is gross and probably sounds dumb...but are you supposed to let it go ALL THE WAY up there? Like push it up and let it go all the way in? Or is it supposed to just kind of hang out? Like enough to pull out?

I used one and let it go all the way up and it felt really freaky and then when I went to have a bowel movement it was almost a burning sensation but much less painful and I have what I'd call diarrhea...is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Health

• i had a rectal pill once...it sucked. dh had to put it in for me, i just couldn't get the courage to do it lol. i think he put it up there, but it did burn and i did get diareah.
    Anonymous

• sorry, it was cuz i was sick and couldn't hold anything down, that was the only option. don't remember what the meds were though, sorry.
    Anonymous

• The suppository probably caused the loose bowels. :) Normal. And the suppository is supposed to go all the way in. It melts and your body absorbs the medicine more quickly. It should help a lot as the one you were given sounds like it has a cortisone or something to help with inflammation. If you don't get better follow up with a gastroenterologist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on May. 6, 2010