What Do you think about Native Americans?

So I seen these recent political posts pretaining to whose a "Real American." lol and I was just curious about what opinions you have on Native Americans. I pretty open-minded, and not easily offended. Just be open and Honest.

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 11:32 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish I were one. Free healthcare and money from the government. Shit.
    Anonymous

• I don't really have an opinion, other than that they have great hair. LOL. And that's just because my half-brother is half-Cherokee, and he's always had great hair.

Seriously, why would I have any opinion on an entire group of people?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2010

• They have free healthcare and money from the government because they were forced off their land into a shithole reservation. I would expect a compensation too.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:39 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i love them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:40 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I don't know many personally but I know I have native american in me, so much so that people always say they can see it. Even with my hair, which naturally pretty long for an african american woman. lol. My husband and I met a native american man who was married to a black woman during the holidays, and he really had his stuff together. He was very knowledgeable on many subjects and said he and his wife were traveling evangelist. He told us things we did not know about some indian tribes. I believe they are smart people who could probably teach the rest of us some secrets.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

• lol funny.. well in my opinion and I am not racist, but I dont understand why the government caters to mexicans. For example Native Americans were taught to speak english and drop our " natice ways" to learn how to live in the world today. Now you have Mexicans that cants speak, write, or read English and yet the government caters only to that race such as having interperters, or writtings in spanish. Does that kinda make sense to people?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:43 PM on May. 4, 2010

No Native American alive today was forced off of anything. Not that I'm AGAINST their compensation but if that's the excuse WTF is the government doing for African-American slave descendents?
    Anonymous

• Information is your friend, people. They don't get annual checks from the government. They get money from people leasing their reservation land, often casinos. My brother gets money annually from Harrah's Casino. Last I checked, that's not the government.

Also, not all Native American's get "free health care". Some tribes and reservations will use the profits from the above mentioned casinos to provide health care for their people. Also - not from the government.

Geezus.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:48 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No Native American alive today was forced off of anything. Not that I'm AGAINST their compensation but if that's the excuse WTF is the government doing for African-American slave descendents?

They're not working in our fields anymore are they? They can vote now. They can go to school. And now that they can actually work for money they are. And nava I get what you're saying. It doesn't make sense to me that we force Native Americans to speak English but we can't force Mexicans to speak English. It's bullshit.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:49 PM on May. 4, 2010

• opps i have like typos lol.. i meant to say native not natice and i mean some mexicans not all. please bare with me since i am logged on with my phone
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:50 PM on May. 4, 2010