If you had a baby, then accidentally got pregnant again soon after....

... how did you tell your hubby?
... were you embarrassed people would think you were trying to breed like a rabbit? (ok, I know that's drastic, but were you a little embarrassed?)
... did you gain more weight on top of what was leftover from the first pregnancy?
... how did you work through mixed feelings and overwhelmed feelings?

I think I'm pregnant but putting off doing a HPT until mother's day. Just looking for some moms who've been through this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how did you tell your hubby? I called him on the phone after I took the test and it was positive! Our son was 6mos.

... were you embarrassed people would think you were trying to breed like a rabbit? I was...LOL BUT the OB/GYN I was telling them I was embarrassed and they were like why and she told me many plan them this close together! I was like OMG those women are NUTS!

... did you gain more weight on top of what was leftover from the first pregnancy?YEP

... how did you work through mixed feelings and overwhelmed feelings?I was hard on myself my entire pregnancy swearing I stole my sons babyhood away! In the end it always works out and you could not imagine not having your little blessing. I would never of planned them 16mos apart but it happened and I would not want it any other way.

They are ages 5 and 6 now:) We also have a 2 yr old and we are done!

hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:54 PM on May. 4, 2010

• i got pregnant when my son was 4 months old. i was definatly embarrassed. i got an abortion because i knew i would not be able to handle it. dont have the money, time, patience, or anything to have two babys like that. im alot more careful now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:57 PM on May. 4, 2010

• No, this happened to me. :) I was prego at my 6 week check up. & My husband was beyond excited the minute I told him!. It took a few weeks but it grew on me. Gain more weight? Not at all. Embarrassed ? NO, not one bit!Oh, and I have a 2yr old:) 9mo. old:) and shes due the 19th! Couldn't be happier...
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:27 AM on May. 5, 2010

• That's crazy getting pregnant right after having a baby, your body needs time to heal from the one pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• How does one "accidentally" get pregnant exactly. Conception is a known consequence of intercourse! Gah I hate when people say that. Your baby is not an "accident' ffs....give your head a shake.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 1:30 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I'm an example of that pop up pregnancy. My mom had a c section with my brother March 86 then found out she was pregnant with me Nov 86. All the baby pictures, she was holding two babies smiling. I know it was tough but my brother is 24 and I will be 23 in July and we aren't that close but we know how to deal with each other.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 1:31 AM on May. 5, 2010

• this is funny my hubby new before me he told me
    people just look at you as if your someone whos looking for welfare checks (we choose not to were wedding rings)
    i had lost 30 pounds so i didn't gain any i always had morning sickness
    i felt like crying for joy for sadness for anxiety everything but my husband helped me through it all!!!!!!!!!!! i always thank him for that
    JanetPG

Answer by JanetPG at 2:33 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I haven't had it happen to me because after having my son, we pretty much decided no more kids for awhile. We used condoms.5 yrs later, we planned a pregnancy....I do have a really good friend though who had this happen to her, and I am so happy for her she is awesome and I tell her that everyday lol She found out she was pregnant when her baby was a few months old, and at first she was scared but now that both babies are here she says she couldn't be happier I asked her if it was hard she said no, because she pretty much still had all her baby stuff and it was easier that way..she says both her kids are very close and she loves it because she spends time with both of them equally. I wouldn't be embarrassed it's amazing what mommies can do when they have this happen to them!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 3:10 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I definitly give coodos to the women who can handle kids that close together...infact I have a cousin with kids 10 months apart (her daughter was a month early). I personally couldnt do it and wouldnt want to do it. There no way to "accidentally get pregnant"--thats what happens when you have unprotected sex. I personally wanted to space me kids out a little bit to give my bod a chance to recoup and give my pregnancy the best chance to make it to a happy healthy delivery. My second child is due June 29th and my first turns 3 August 16th.
    szeimetz

Answer by szeimetz at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2010

• MizusT, why do you feel the need to be harsh to someone who needs encouragement? You're right, there is no way to "accidently" get pregnant... I wasn't sure how to phrase this question and used that word rather than going into a long explanation of why we weren't intentionally getting pregnant (although I'm sure "unintentionally" would not be a better word to use here). I do believe every time a person has intercourse, they should know what they are doing and be prepared for what happens. But even birth control isn't 100% effective. Yes, my body could have used a longer break, but do you recommend abstinence for a married woman after having a child? It's just the way life is. I'm not whining. I really enjoyed my first pregnancy and childbirth, and I know I will this one, too. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now, and was reaching out for encouragement!
    OP
    Anonymous