Cataract in dog

Has anyone ever successfully had a cataract removed from their dogs eye ? If so, how much was it? did the dog recover okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Pets

• I talked to the Vet about cataracts- (my dog only has one eye, so it was a concern that he might develop this). The Vet said it was best just to leave it alone, as it would probably just come back if it was removed. But, I would check with your own Vet.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:13 AM on May. 5, 2010

• My dog just developed them in the past year, my vet said they don't affect dogs like us and we should probably leave it alone unless she goes blind from them. I had a dog when I was younger that did go blind from diabetes and he did great, we just didn't move furniture to much. I really don't think I would mess with it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:56 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I did price it at our local vet college. it was $3900 per eye.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:00 AM on May. 6, 2010