Do you think: the way a man treats his wife & family depends on his race or the way he was raised?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:46 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The way he was raised. Every person in every race can be horrible or wonderful. Some races are raised differently and may treat their family different than what we're used to, but I really think if you started over with that person and raise them in a different race they would be competely different. It's a beliefs.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 12:47 AM on May. 5, 2010

• It can be, but I don't feel that race or upbringing is an excuse for treating your family poorly. My ex was good for pulling the "Well, that's just the way I was raised" card about everything. That's one of many reasons why he is my ex...
    mikeysmom1980

Answer by mikeysmom1980 at 12:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I don't see what race would have anything to do with it. What if two adopted children of a difference race were raised the exactly same way, by the exact same family, at the exact same time? Would it matter then? Of course they could still be different - but would it be because of race?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I think it can be a little bit of both, look at Iran those men are assholes and couple other raises I'm not going to mention cuz don't want to offend anyone, but mostly I think it has to do with how you are raised.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:06 AM on May. 5, 2010

• i think the way he was raised has a lot to do with it, but the circumstances at any given moment can change anything
    rochellejames

Answer by rochellejames at 1:35 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I think it does have to do with the way they were raised,not race.
    wether it be for good or bad
    Ex: if a man grew up watching his dad beat his mom then he might be a woman beater as well, because thats what he learned...OR he can choose to take a different path and not beat his wife because of what he saw growing up....
    lol, do i make any sense?
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:43 AM on May. 5, 2010

• It varies. My hubby's dad at one point or another tried to hurt him with chains sticks etc. He is a wonderful father to my kids very protective, but he was used to playing outside bare foot and now my kids play outside bare foot in 98 degree weather. he took his negative child hood and learned from it to make my kids a positive one
    JanetPG

Answer by JanetPG at 2:21 AM on May. 5, 2010

• How else would he learn how families work? Good or bad it gets imprinted.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:37 AM on May. 5, 2010

• And as for race, yes I do see differences in parenting styles depending on where they are from.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:39 AM on May. 5, 2010

• no! My FIL was raised in a adusive house, by both his parents. they was treated really crap. but now they do have a drunk and a druggie in the family but not one of the boys have mistreated or hurt any of their families.

and yes! My ex was raised by a woman that was married 8 times by the time i left, not one lasted over 2 years. she believed that everyone was cheating on her. she screamed and yelled at everyone. he was abusive mentally and physically
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on May. 5, 2010