regular contractions but weak abdominal muscles???

i went into my ob appointment and my doctor could see my stomach balling up with my contractions. she said my muscles arent strong enough to push her in and down so her head could better be applied to my cervix and help me dilate. im still a three and 80%. she told me to try and wear a tight belly band to try and keep her from poking out. i do not see this helping at all since the belly bands are just material. ive been wearing it for 2 days and still dnt knowtice a difference lol. ive only gained about 7 pounds and im basically all baby. this is my 2nd pregnancy and i did ballet for 10 years how could my abdominal muscles be this weak?? lol any advice would be great!!!:)

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 12:56 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Umm.. wow... I have never heard anything like that. Strange. Maybe if you had a c-section with your first the muscles would be a little weakened? I really have no advice but doesn't sound like it will be too long, so good luck and congrats.
    mikeysmom1980

Answer by mikeysmom1980 at 1:03 AM on May. 5, 2010

• GET a new doctor this one is a wacko. The abdominal muscle don't do the pushing the uterus IS a muscle. It does the pushing. And the belly band will only cut off your circulation. Sounds like you are being set up for a c-section RUN!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 5, 2010

• that sounds stupid. i hate when doctors say things that make it seem like our bodies need help to birth babies. your body can do it, it's made to. i agree w/ pp. i think she is trying to make you doubt yourself so that she can say at your next appointment, "oh sorry we better just go ahead and schedule you for a c-section". so sad!!! i'd go to ican now and start looking up ways to avoid c-section w/ a provider like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2010

• sorry, i meant i'd go to ican international's website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 5, 2010