Was it hard for your child to switch from Gerber to a regular food?

Just curious. My boy rejected today all I have cooked.

BabySon1

Asked by BabySon1 at 1:08 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine rejected the greber a week into it. So, I had to make his food. LOL So, no issues switching here.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:35 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I did it gradually, mixing real food with baby food to get them used to having to chew their food.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:31 AM on May. 5, 2010

• No - he wasn't on it that long. We never used stage 3s and switched him from stage 2 to baby food at 8 months. He liked eating what we were eating. Make a big deal out of how good it is while you're eating.

Answer by missanc at 8:13 AM on May. 5, 2010

• My kids were ready for table food by age one and had no problem transitioning to real food. I don't think they ever reslly liked baby food in jars that much.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:26 AM on May. 5, 2010

• DD only gets the jars for breakfast (I mix the fruit into oatmeal). All her other meals are whatever we're eating. She's almost 11m/o and has been eating table food for about 3 months. Just keep offering the table food. Eventually, baby will eat it.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 12:03 PM on May. 5, 2010

• We are having a hard time getting our 12mo to eat table food at home. At daycare he sees all the other kids eating table food and eat and eats and eats all day long, but at night and on weekends, he only wants babyfood stage 2 sometimes stage 3 and snacks like crackers or cherrios. He gets very picky at home, I have no clue why! So, I feel your pain.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 12:55 PM on May. 5, 2010