what to do? been married for 8years i feel like he just dnt care abt me anymore. i want to give up!! feel like i havnt cause of the kids and our 4yr old with autism. i feel like i can do better by myself and i feel happy when i think of my life with just me and my 4.

i love bn a mommy. dnt feel like im cut out 4 bn a wife or housewife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Didn't you post this already?
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:27 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Think about the reality of what life would be like if you were alone, not just the fantasy of it. Would things really be easier. What does your husband bring to the table that you would have to do yourself? Single life with 4 kids could be really really hard. If your plan is to go pick up another man, think about the things that could acure there, a lot of the times it is not good (pedophiles generally target woman with kids, get in there home and all the acess you want) If you want to be alone that wont be easy either, you will have to take care of everything that your husband does now.
    Then think about whether or not things can get better in your marriage, every marriage goes through hard times, people would never stay married if they didnt work through these times. Do you treat your husband well or do you both act negativly towards eachother? If you are not kind to your husband, start being that way.
    Anonymous

• If you treat him well he might start to look at you better then he does now. Be a good wife. Take care of your husband, and just pretend you are madly in love with him. Chances are this will help you fall more in love with him.

There was a point in my marriage where I actually started to look into divorce. I loved my husband, but hated him for treating me the way he did. I read some statistics, that said after a year of someone getting divorced they were still miserable, but the people that stayed in their marriage were actually happier then they had been. It made me think. But something needed to change. So I started treating my husband like he was wonderful. Then I got even farther into it. I have now become a surrendered wife (its not what it sounds, I am not a doormat at all) my husband and I have never been happier. I am more confident, I am so in love with my husband and he is so in love with me.
    Anonymous

• You can make your marriage work if you want to, even if he is not willing to work on it. The love dare got me started then I read the surrendered wife, and I absolutly love what my life has become. You do not have to be miserable, be proactive to make your life your dream.
    Anonymous

• thank u for all the answers. i was a single mother of 3 b4 we met. i did it all 4 my children and i attended parenting classes once a year on my own. everything we have now i had b4 we met. since marriage i have bn through mama drama from his ex and abuse from his mother. i dont want another man right now either .my children father takes them every other weekend. im new to cafemom and just need help from walks of life. honestly i loved bn single and really believe REAL LOVE NEVER SUPPOSE TO HURT EVER!
    Anonymous