Head lice??

SO my mom tells me the other night that after my kids left her house she found out her stepdaughter had head lice uggh!I have not heard of anyone having that since i was like 8 in elementary school! Im so grossed out and scared the the boys and me are going to have it! Like my head is itching just thinking about it! What do i do if we do??How will i know? It was sunday she had them, i checked my youngest today and didnt see anything but she said it could take a week or something like that? Anyone know anything they can tell me about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Wait a week and check again. If nothing wait a few more days and check again. If none are found you are in the clear but if you notice some. Use olive oil cooking spray on you childs hair to smother the bugs and it makes it easier to clean the nits out. But DONT use gasoline. I knew a girl who put it into her 2 y/os hair...not smart. GL & GB
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:51 AM on May. 5, 2010

• http://www.cdc.gov/lice/head/index.html

http://www.headlice.org/

I have to say that CafeMom has got to be the source of the WORST information in the past for headlice. Please use a reputable source when googling.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:01 AM on May. 5, 2010

• if i were u.. i'd use the shampoo just to be on the safe side .. head lice are like cockroaches.. they multiply like CRAZY !! so just get some mild lice shampoo from any department store. ointments and lotions are harsh. most shampoos are mild. u can even ask ure doctor/pedi to confirm. so better wash ure kids hair with the shampoo atleast once a week for a month. y wait to see anything and then do something about it ?
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:31 AM on May. 5, 2010