Would you pay??

Dh bought a car last month and after I got it insured I got an email from the insurance company saying that they won't insure it and I have 30 days to remove the car from teh policy before they cancel it. Well we didn't know it was a salvaged title (I'm working on that issue!), and i had no idea that the insurance wouldn't cover it! So I emailed them today to just cancel the policy because I'm not going to pay two different insurance bills, mine as well just have everything on one. But tehy want to charge me a 50$ early cancelation fee. I don't think I should have to pay it. It's not my fault that they won't insure his car, and it's not my fault that the damn dealer lied to us about the car. I'm not paying 130$ for next months bill and I'm not goign to pay the 50$ fine for canceling before the billing date. I think it's just stupid and a waste of my money. I have paid my bill on time for a year. Time to move on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd for sure argue that with such a great record of paying on time, that it'd be fair for them to waive that fee. Considering ya'll were duped into buying a car with a salvaged title, maybe you'll get a sympathetic agent. However, they can argue that their rule is some where on your policy, even if it is in fine print.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:56 AM on May. 5, 2010

• By law they have to tell you its a salvage title. you can get your money back for the car. just let the insurance run out on. dont pay the bill or the fee. it cant go on your credit. i had a similar situation my self.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

• OP here: I have been in contact with a laywer about the salvage title. the dealer did some other things that I didnt like also.. like giving us illegal paper plates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Here's the thing about the $50....the insurance company has the ability, time, and money to put that on your credit report or take you to small claims court. Do you? And if you read the fine print of your policy - there is an early termination fee, end of story and that is in the CONTRACT that you signed with them.

Definitely go after the used car dealer and get your money back and dump the car back with him, but the insurance is going to be hard to fight.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 AM on May. 5, 2010