Today is my son's 9th Birthday!

Do you ever get sad on your kids' birthday when you realize they're another year closer to adulthood,and another year farther away from the little baby you held in your arms that day? I sure do.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 8:02 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Aww, he's going to be a great adult though. You'll take a lot of joy in seeing him become a man and get married and then you'll have grandbabies to hold! Still I know what you mean. My son will be 2 in August and I just want to freeze time and keep him my baby forever... although there are days when I can't wait for him to be in college and out of the house! LOL!

Happy Birthday to your boy!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

• yeah it's bitter sweet. i had a mental breakdown when my oldest turned 5! i cried the whole day (probably had something to do with me PMSing lol) happy birthday to your son!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 8:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

• oh yes..my son just turned 5 a week ago, and he's constantly telling me he wants to be a 'big 5yo, not a little 5yo'...WHY OH WHY????
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Happy 9th!!

Hes half raised today :))))))))) aww
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:15 AM on May. 5, 2010

• happy birthdayHappy 9th Birthday to your son.

My son will turn 9 in July...just this morning he comes to me and gives me a hug and tells me he loves me I couldn't help not letting him go so he stayed with me then I put my hands underneath his armpits and told him OMG I cannot believe how much you have grown I used to pick you up just like this (was trying to lift him) and place you on my left side to burp or love on you now look at you you are so big I can not believe you've grown so fast he was 8lbs 3oz. now he is 4'8" wow where does the time go...sniff, sniff.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:23 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Today is my son's 5th birthday! I do not get sad at all. I get excited. I don't want them to stay little forever. I want them to grow and learn. I want them to be successful people. They can't do that if they stay small.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Happy Birthday to your son! Today's my birthday too! :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2010