Diet and working out?

I have droped 1/2 of my pregnancy weight and her i am 2 years after having my daughter looking like i just had her. What worked best for you with diet and working out? I dont want to go on an extream diet though where i look and a piece of cake and think i cant eat that that so many calories LOL but i do want to eat better. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Health

• I began a lifestyle change in December. I invested in a bodybugg and it has really helped me be accountable to myself about what I am doing and eating. It tracks your caloric burn and steps every second of the day. I was 5'1" , 167 lbs and a size 12. I began eating more fresh fruits and veggies, lots of fiber, and low fat/low sodium items. I also drink water and coffee. I allow myself one cup of coffee per day and then it's water only.
    In 5 months I have lost 33 lbs, 8 inches in my bust, and 5" in my hips and my waist.
    I work out 6 days a week as well. I run several days a week: 2-3 miles, 30 day Shred on occasion, Yoga, lift weights and I am getting the Insanity workout in the mail today. I can't start for 2 weeks though as I'm having sinus surgery in 2 days and have been told by my ENT not to workout for at least 1-2 weeks afterwards...boo!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:50 AM on May. 5, 2010

• If you don't want to feel deprived look into calorie zig-zagging. You find your calories for the week instead for the day. Then you break those down into uneven seven day counts. Seven hundred one day, 2000 the next, 1200 the third, so they add up to your weekly count. Theory is if you consistenly feed your body 1500 calories a day you metabolism will slow and learn to function on that. By mixing it up you don't give your body the chance(and you get to eat goodies a couple days a week!).

Working out is all trial and error. You have to find something you enjoy(or can at least tolerate enough to push yourself to do it). And don't be afraid to look in unusual places. The first time I lost my post-baby 30 I did it by learning to tap dance in my living room to videos.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:11 AM on May. 5, 2010

• you don't have to make all changes all at once. you can start slow. i like popping the kids in the stroller and going for walks. fresh air and sunshine is good for the whole family!
    i like to start by adding good stuff to my diet before taking away the bad stuff. 5 veggies and 2-3 fruits a day is a good place to start. choose different colors, and do have a variety! i like brown rice and quinoa for my whole grains. we tend to stay away from too much bread and pasta, even if it is brown. but brown carbs should be replacing white carbs.
    at least drink 1/2 of your body weight in oz. of water a day.
    using a tape measure is important, sometimes you will lose inches, but not weight, so it helps to measure something besides the weight alone.
    i did a diet before that was called body for life. it was a diet and exercise program. it showed how to use weights, and the best part the diet was 6 days a week, so one day to satisfy cravings!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:11 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I would find different kinds of exercise that you like and can stick to, then also concentrate on eating healthier. Lean protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and complex carbs instead of processed, refined, pre-packaged food, and pay attention to portion control--use smaller plates, eat slowly, and stop eating when you're no longer hungry, not when you're stuffed. For the first few weeks, keep a food journal and write down every bit of food that goes into your mouth, along with how many calories it has--actually measure the serving size, don't estimate. Soon, you'll learn to estimate what a healthy portion size really is. It's all about making a healthy lifestyle change so that you can get to a healthy weight and maintain it.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I walked a lot; about two miles a day around the neighborhood.

Cut out "extra" sweets/sugar.

Drink lots of water.

Wait 20 minutes after eating before considering eating again; it takes about that long for your brain to get the message that you are full.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2010

• is there any way you can lose weight without exercising? i hate doing that. i need to lose 20
    Anonymous

slap

You could starve yourself, purge or use illegal drugs but that might less healthy than the weight.

Anonymous