c section Vs exercising

I had a c section, since then I didn t exercise. It s been 4 months now, I used to walk from time to time but yesterday when I tried jogging I felt some thing in the area of the incesion. It s not painful but it s boddering me. Is it because I m starting creating new mascules instead of the damaged ones?does anyone had c section and regained her old shape?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a csection with my 4th and "almost" got back into my regular shape before getting pregnant with #5 (#4 will be 20 months old when #5 is born in July). I was back in my regular clothes after a couple of weeks, but I'm in my mid 30s and it was taking a lot longer for my body to look like it used to than it did after my first 3 - but not sure if that's an age thing or a csection vs vaginal birth thing. I've never had pain at my incision site after the first few weeks though.

Answer by missanc at 11:36 AM on May. 5, 2010

• after my c-section I walked, only a few blocks at first, then up to 3 miles per day. I can't run or jog b/c I am too overweight, but I walk at a brisk pace. I was able to get down to lower then my pre-prego weight within a few months, but I was also EBF and eating healthier. Your body can take over a year to heal from a c-section, so a small amount of pain can linger esp when doing something that irritates the area. Every once in a while I have some pain, but if it gets really bad, please go see your doctor, you could have torn something.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 11:57 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I had a c-section with my third. It took a good six months before I felt normal. He is 22 months now and I am in my highschool shape. I can run over 6 miles a day, and I also alternate cycling and swimming. I am also training for a triathalon, it is just a matter of work. I would say I am in better fitness now than before my kids.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2010