how can i get people to show up?

i just became a rep for pampered chef. i dont know a lot of people where i live and most are college students. not exactly the type of people that would spend money on this stuff.

the way it works is someone hosts a party and the rep does a cooking demo. the attendees can then order the items they saw being used in the demo and other items as well. since i dont have a job im hosting my first party and another rep will do the demo to help cover the cost of the demo kit. but if i dont have people that'll show up, let alone any that'll buy stuff...what else can i do to find guests for this initial party?

once i have my kit i plan to advertise to get others to host parties, but until i can pay for it im kind of stuck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You may be able to host one thru a local school. Invite parents and dontate a percentage of sales as a fundraiser for the school. You could also do this on a smaller scale for an organization like swim team or girl scouts. You may be surprised though some college girls may buy nice stuff.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:21 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Why don't you see if there are any Cafe Mom groups in your area? I would invite anyone I could think of,, I love Pampered Chef,,,I have never bought anything I didn't like,, but it is a bit pricey! You could also invite teachers or something from your kiddos school!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:27 AM on May. 5, 2010

• op here: yeah not the unemployed college girls or the ones that have to fully support themselves and go to a jc. and im doing this first party to cover the cost of the kit, i wont be making any profit until i have it.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 9:29 AM on May. 5, 2010

• No one i know really like parties like that. they just go out of obligation to the host or for a good cause. I like pampered chef but I wouldnt go just because. Are you sure you want a job selling stuff when you dont know anyone to sell to? Sounds very stressful. I am really not trying to discourage you I'm just saying I can't tell you haow many people say..I used to sell Avon, or Mary Kay or Amway. It is usually short lived or something people do so they can get their own product cheap. I dont knowmany who make much off of it...it ends up a hobby. Please dont let me discourage you if you want to try..this is just what I have seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2010

• *over half the stuff is under $20. not what id call pricey. my kid is not even in daycare yet. now that's pricey! lol and the only group i've found is dead. nothing bt spammers. no one ever responds to any posts i put up. not even a "bump!" and trust me i've invited everyone i know even though its a long shot if anyone would even show.

anyone else want to toss out an idea?
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2010

• *hey i used to sell avon! lol but i never put anything into it. i just sold to co-workers. but im not employed so i cant go that route. and im only doing this because OTHER people host parties with their friends and i'd be selling to people i dont know technially. you want discouraging tell me to go out and get a real job. i've applied to over 100 places in the past month and i've had 1 interview.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 9:46 AM on May. 5, 2010

• do you know anyone who is getting married? You can see if someone will host a Pampered Chef Bridal shower.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2010

• do online "book parties" via email - I've had MUCH better success than having people come out to a party and buy.

have a playdate party - friends have done those with much success.

ummmm.....I've been in the WAHM game for a long time now - lol. don't host parties (I sell avon) but have helped many friends try to figure it out

contact any local churches or community centres - many have ladies groups, or mom and tot groups that might be interested in hving you come out.

ummmm.....

put together some bundles of stuff that would be perfect for the just moved out, or living in dorm kind of person - a peeler, measuring cup, bamboo spoon set (I love mine they're basically indestructible) - corner that part of your market - cater to them.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:49 PM on May. 5, 2010