How much do you know about your ovulation?

Well, my fiance and I decided to try for a baby. I went off my birthcontrol (Ortho Tri Lo) and it's been about a month and a week. No babies. Really, I used to know EVERY time I ovulated. My cervical mucus was the big thing there. I also had little twinges. Anyway, I'm just getting so tired of this trying and it's only been a month! I can't even tell when I ovulate now because I get little twinges alot now and my CM isn't really noticeable. Whoever said making a baby was easy definately didn't take birthcontrol and was a crazed sex maniac!! :S Anyway, anyone went off the pill have any advice for me?

bbycrazy

Asked by bbycrazy at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ok my story was i was on the pill for a long time and then the shot, and then the pill again. i had stopped the pill for almost a year before i tried to get pregnant, and once i started trying to got pregnant in 2 months. i usually know when i ov bc i dont have twinges, i have full on pain and it feel like its right in my v-jay lol. but in those 2 months i used a ovulation calendar online, and it showed me the week i was supposed to ov, and when that week came, then i began checking my mucus, my mucus would change like 2 days before the ov pain. and once i saw that then we would try every other day that week. and 2 months later i was pregnant although i had been having unprotected sex for a whole year before that
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:50 AM on May. 5, 2010

• When you come off birth control it takes at least the first month to get the birth control out of your system and most won't get pregnant the first round. Just keep trying and if you have problems after 6months to year talk to your gynecologist. But most of all don't forget to keep it fun, don't let TTC become a chore.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Geez..You have to give yourself more than a month and a week to get back to normal.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:54 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Birth control can take up to 6 months to clear you system. I was on the pacth and it took me 5 months before I could finially start telling when I was ovulating. I have pain when I ovulate and extra wetness. Give it some more time. You will know when you are ovulating again since you can tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Thanks, your posts makes it easier. I quit taking my BC thoroughly for a month. I've never been a great rememberer. So it was off and on for awhile too. I'm just ready to conceive. Kyle and I are just going to plan it out better than we have.
    bbycrazy

Answer by bbycrazy at 10:13 AM on May. 5, 2010

• If you have a period, then the BC pill is OUT of your system. They (doctors) want you to wait a month afterwards so you can have a period off the pill and it makes it easier to calculate a due date. Also not all conceptions take. You could technically concieve and the embryo not take to the uterus. Be patient, you have pleanty of time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2010

• This is what worked for me both times I got pregnant: http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:43 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I agree with jacksmom3707 I have three and I used the ovulation calculator all three times, just as a guide. I watched for CM also but if you kind of know ahead of time you can be watching for it. Also agree with other posts.. give it some time, most Dr's wont even consider talking to you until it's been at least 6 months to a year of TTC.. good luck
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 11:15 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I got pregnant on the first try with both of my kids (also on the first try when I miscarried)...anyway what we did was have sex starting on the 8th day after period and then every other day....so day 8, day 10, day 12, day 14 etc.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:06 PM on May. 5, 2010