What month is the busiest for maternity wards?

Energ8zr

Asked by Energ8zr at 9:41 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My cousin is a L&D nurse and the year I was pregnant with my son she said they had 450 people scheduled to have babies bt August and September. I just recently had a baby in September and the L&D floor was PACKED! It's all those holiday babies =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Sept./October
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 5, 2010

• idk, but i had my 1st baby in july and it was so packed, i had to say in a teety tiny room that was needing renovations b/c it was so crouded
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I've always thought June or July. Even May.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2010

• August-Oct. When it's colder in the winter months, a man's body temperature is colder and therefor the sperm is more active and in greater numbers, making the possibility of conception more likely. That's what I learned in my A&P class anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I would think summer early fall.... cuz during the winter ppl wanna "snuggle" lots cuz it's so cold lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:04 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Aug-October - Winter is long and boring... So, more sex...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I agree! Early fall b/c ppl take off for the winter holidays so are less stressed to have more sexy time.
    surgerymama

Answer by surgerymama at 10:34 AM on May. 5, 2010

• We did a maternity ward tour right before I was due last New Year's Day. The L/D nurse said that it was packed the previous week because people wanted to have their babies before the New Year so they can use them as tax dependents. So I guess December would be a pretty packed month too.
    Anonymous

• with my 3rd I was on the induction list for 7 days because of over capacity....they had close to 560 babies born that month. they even had to ship moms in labour to the other hospitals and to the surrounding towns there were so many. that was August.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:12 PM on May. 5, 2010