have you ever used mayo as a treatment for your hair?

my friend at work keeps telling me to do this and i just don't know? Does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My aunt does all the time.she is as soft as a bunny lol.I havent tried it..but i know it makes you soft :) Kills lice too ha
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:03 AM on May. 5, 2010

• i havent because I cant stand the smell of mayo lol...but my mom does it ..and has ever since I was little -- she has always had very nice hair...she gets it done twice a month and it is still super soft and shiny
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:05 AM on May. 5, 2010

• ive only heard of doing it if you have lice, supposedly helps kill the nits and get them out easier.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:07 AM on May. 5, 2010

• no mayo is great for your hair as a deep conditioner, it helps make it very soft and shiny,as well. i tried it last month it worked well but i HATE the smell of mayo, so i mixed up an egg with some mayo and added a lot of lemon juice (eggs help add shine and the lemon juice is great for your scalp and kills the mayo smell) and i left it on my hair for almost an hour and it felt like silk when i rinsed it out!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:15 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I've heard of that, but I haven't done it before cuz I can't stand mayo. I have used vinegar before. After you shower, put like 1-2 tablespoons of it in your hair, let it sit for like 15 minutes or so, then rinse it out and shampoo. It makes your hair super shiny
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 10:31 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I did a long time ago, not sure if I had used too much because it took forever to get it out. I ended up having to use dish soap, although my hair use to be really oily, so that might have been the problem.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:27 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Im a hairdresser and I have done this but I also add eggs to it, I mix real mayonaise with eggs apply it to my dry hair until its soaked and then I take a hot damp towel and wrap it around my hair and leave it on for 30 min to an hr. I will tell you that your hair is going to smell like mayo for a day, but it looks and feels awsome!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 12:47 PM on May. 7, 2010