My In-laws

My husband was in the hospital last week and it piss me off that his family did not call him or went to see him. He had one brother called him and came to see him and check on me. He also had a sister that live out of town to call him and a few more family memebers to call him that live in another State. All his co-work call him and even gave him a card and put money in the card. His family that live in the same city he live in did not call him or visit him when he was sick. The one live in the same city always call when something happen or when they need something. Do anyone have family members or in-laws like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• ok totally understand! my husbands family never calls unless they need something. its so aggravating. then they blame me for not getting to see our son. they never ask to see him or anything they always just say they do not have money when they travel almost every weekend to watch my husbands brother bull ride and give his other brother who is 24 and without a job, money to go to the bar. someof his aunts and uncles act like they care but his parents dont. so i can totally believe that your in laws didnt call and it is a shame they do not care,.
    monroehalf09

Answer by monroehalf09 at 12:38 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Did anyone bother to let them know maybe they were the only ones who did not get informed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I call them and told them when he first went into the hospital ,because I did not want them to hear it from no one else. One family memeber told me she was coming . She did not show up and did not call me to tell me why she did not make it. My husband are the one who always there for everyone. Both of us are always there fo them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Well it could be they had their reasons, maybe they were busy or had to work, maybe they did not think it was serious (whatever your hubby was in for), maybe they did not want to disturb him and were waiting to see him when he was back home, or maybe they just don't 'do' hospitals/illness. If you really need to know then call and ask why they did not call/visit, tell them that your hubby is a bit hurt by it. I hope your hubby is ok and doing well!!

If you and hubby are always there for the inlaws, then I can see how he would be hurt by them not being there when he needed them. Maybe next time they are in need, you and your hubby not rush to help and let them see what it is like.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Thank you for yours answers it really helper me. I feel better talking to someone .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 5, 2010

• My husband was in the hospital last week and it piss me off that his family did not call him or went to see him. He had one brother called him and came to see him and check on me. He also had a sister that live out of town to call him and a few more family memebers to call him that live in another State. All his co-work call him and even gave him a card and put money in the card. His family that live in the same city he live in did not call him or visit him when he was sick. The one live in the same city always call when something happen or when they need something. Do anyone have family members or in-laws like that.

-----------------------------------

How can u say nobody called or visited??  Or are you fishing for a reason to be spiteful towards certain family members??

MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 12:15 PM on May. 5, 2010

• I admit I have had family in the hospital and I did not go to the hospital to visit them. I had young children at the time (1 with Autism) and no one available to watch them so I could visit at the hospital. I did call them once they got home though.
    Anonymous