Question for anyone who has or has had a Blackberry

I have owned 2 Blackberries.. a Blackberry Pearl and a Blackberry Curve. With both phones I have had the problem of them being too "sensitive" Meaning that when I go to set it down on the counter, or just toss it into my purse, the phone resets itself and I have to wait like 3 minutes on it to reload everything. Anyone else have this problem?? I thought it was just bad luck with my first phone but now the 2nd one is doing the same thing!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:07 AM on May. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yep, I trashed that phone cause everytime you would bump it against something it would power off, the trackball stuck, and the buttons would stick.It was a pearl and I verizon made me feel like it was my fault and not the phone its self, glad it isn't just me.
    amanda37860

Answer by amanda37860 at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Have you reset the sensitivity on it? You can do that under settings.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:08 AM on May. 5, 2010

• Yea. It's not the sensitivity of the buttons that is the issue. It's just the casing itself. When it is bumped even a little bit the phone resets
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:16 AM on May. 5, 2010

• i am going to get a blackberry in a couple of weeks, what do you mean by resetting and being to sensitive ? I have never had one before. I am getting it because I need an organizer like the palm which I do have and love. Is it a good phone ? thanks. Glad you aksed this question !
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 10:52 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I had the pearl and just got the tour and have not had problems with either of them.
    sweetpea723

Answer by sweetpea723 at 12:06 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I had alot of issues with my blackberry.... Idk you might just have bad luck. My blackberry would do weird thing and the buttons were horrible always getting stuck... They upgraded my phone no contract and just had to pay the difference. Google: blackberry issues or problems with the blackberry phones and you will find people with similar issues
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I have the storm 2 and love it. I do have to lock my screen if I put it in my purse since it is a touch screen. I would take it in to your provider. I am through Verizon and they told me they offer classes on the different features now.
    kennethsmom910

Answer by kennethsmom910 at 1:41 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I've never had that problem.
    AndreaLNorris

Answer by AndreaLNorris at 1:28 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have one, but never had that problem. I have the Blackberry Tour. The only problem I have is that it runs slow sometimes. I so hate that, I miss my HTC Hero. You might want to get it checked again.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 2:21 PM on May. 7, 2010

• My curve doesn't do that but I have issues with my trackball sticking :( I guess I can't complain if that's the only problem I have (I've had the same phone for 16 months now). The only part that agrivates me is how crappy/expencive the AT&T media plan is!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2010